I don’t know about you but the idea of a beach vacation sounds fun and exhausting all at the same time. Packing for the trip stresses me out!
However when getting things together to travel on vacation with my three minis and the Hubs I picked up on a tip that I have found to be my Beach Essential.
I was over at a friends house, shopping her LuLaRoe racks when she said she had wanted to show me an outfit but she had already packed it away for an upcoming trip. So she wheeled out her luggage and opened it up and nearly every item still had sales tags on it. I must have given her a off look because she went on to explain to me that as she picks out clothing for her kids for summer she will tuck them away in her luggage for upcoming trips.
I thought this was THE coolest idea ever. You know you want your kids looking their best when out in public especially for all those beach photos you are going to be taking. Finding non-stained, non-ripped clothes can be nearly impossible.
I took her method with me as I left that day and applied it to my kids’ beach travel attire. So as summer began and the inevitable summer wardrobe shopping began, I also began tucking away some of those outfits to prepare for our upcoming trip.
Once it was time to actually start packing for our vacation, I had little to no stress because I had already planned and pre-packed outfits in the weeks prior.
Along with my beach essential packing tip I wanted to share a few other tips I have mentally noted while we were recently on vacation.
- Hotels no longer give out shampoo/conditioner/soap and if they do it’s only your first night there. They do not refill the samples.
- Watch the timing on your SPF. Our SPF said good for 80minutes after that, prepare to become a lobster.
- Continuing with a normal routine while on vacation will help your minis adjust back into their regular routine once you return from your trip.
- Remember to pack a second bag, empty for each of your minis to put their dirty, wet, sandy clothes in.
- Kid’s hair detangler will be your BEST friend when it comes to brushing out long wet and sandy hair, yours and your minis.
Until next time folks! Happy sails!